Sunday, January 26, 2014

Silver Linings!

All throughout this experience, Taigen has been pointing out all the good things or silver linings that have come our way.  She pointed out that she is getting lots of play dates with all of her friends, that amazing meals are being brought to us to help fight the cancer and keep me healthy, and that so many prayers are going up to God for me!  These have all been incredible and the love that has been shown to me and my family has been humbling and inspiring.

The latest silver lining came to me on Thursday when I found out that my friends Mack and Zoe Strong were able to get me and Wendy Super Bowl tickets to buy.  WOW!  I can not even believe that I just typed that.  The Super Bowl!  With the Seahawks!  Mack works for the NFL in addition to doing Seahawk broadcasts and he worked his magic to make this kid's Make-a-Wish come true!  Thank you so much Mack and Zoe!  I know that you were swarmed by people asking you about tickets, and it means so much to me that you thought about me and wanted to encourage me in this way.  I will never forget this!

Chemo has been going good.  The doctor is still very pleased with how I am responding to the treatments. I was hit kind of hard on Thursday and Friday when I started feeling that I was coming down with the flu, but no, it was just chemo.  Thankfully I am coming out of that and this is my break week.  This is the week to have off!  God worked it out!

Cheers,
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love the silver linings! I'm so excited for you that you get to go to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, woot!! GO HAWKS! So glad you get to go and have a great time at the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun blessing and great experience! We will be cheering loudly from our family room. Go Hawks!! (and dress warmly, although this last season has definitely prepared the 12th man !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve to go to THE GAME!!!!!
    Go Hawks and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "chemo flu"!
    Great on heading to the game..I am praying for a tie....as I have been a Denver fan and a Seahawk fan all season...

    Please remember your attitude...and spirit are playing a great part in the success of your journey..."journey on"!

    ReplyDelete