Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Top half of the class!

Hi everyone,

I know I've been silent for the past couple of weeks so I'll fill you in a bit on what's happened.  After New Years Eve, which was an amazing evening with my wife and friends on a Lake Union cruise, we went to get a second set of eyes on my case at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA).  The doctor and staff were great but after that meeting we were a bit bummed out because mentally it put us back to the beginning of this whole process. We just weren't prepared for that.  We did learn about some trials that I could possibly get into but I would have to get off my treatments that seem to have been working so far.  Also the doctor said that surgery is not a great option because I would go off chemo to get the surgery and he has seen, in most cases, that the cancer spread to other parts of the body during this time.  Not really encouraging. 

But on to some good news.  I had my first follow-up CT scan at Swedish on Monday since my diagnosis and original scan.  Just got done talking to my doctor and he told me that most of the time he is telling patients with this type of cancer that their cancer is growing, which is not good.  He told me that everything is stable with no growth and in fact, one tumor actually shrunk by a 1/4.  Feeling good with that. So same chemo, same plan for the next 9 weeks and then another scan.

Everything else is going great.  Still no pain, no nausea, no massive hair loss and the Hawks are in the championship game.   Go Hawks!  Just about to get hooked up so more later (and sooner :) )

Cheers, Chris

12 comments:

  1. As I said to Wendy....good news is GREAT news. Sounds like everything they are doing is working. Stay the course. All the prayer, good thoughts, and your positive attitude is a dangerous cocktail for the tumors. Love you & GO HAWKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! SO happy! We'll keep praying and you keep taking care of yourself! Great to see you both last night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong Chris! Great to meet you at the workshop on Sunday!
    Prayers from Whidbey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update. The Silvers are praying for you. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Keep fighting and we'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Soethe! Go Hawks! Love you, loved spending time with you today and getting your encouragement to represent at CenturyLink this Sunday! So glad we will all be together!!! I love you and I am so proud of your fight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Will keep praying for you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear about the second opinion and that things are improving. Thank you for updating your blog. Love hearing how you are and what you need. Go Hawks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you Soethe family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job Chris....healthy diet..healthy attitude..healthy spirit all play a part.......as powerful as any chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you and your whole family - we pray for you all daily. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris, You are doing such an incredible job. You are in our hearts and prayers daily. Marc wants to go see the Red Sox with you . .. so you guys need to get on it :-) We love you, Wendy, and Taigen very much!!!! The Melinos . .

    ReplyDelete