Monday, December 30, 2013

What a Christmas!

Tis' the season to be traveling!

I had a great time visiting all our families this Christmas!  We started Christmas day at our very own house, believe it or not.  We slept in (until 7:45am!) and when Taigen got up, we opened presents. The highlight for her was a note that she got saying that we are going to let her pick out a new cat this week.  After that, we spent the day putting together a Barbie Dream House and watching Taigen's favorite show, Eureka.  We ended the night with an amazing Christmas dinner that Wendy made.

The next day we headed out to visit my mom in Eugene.  We decided not to rush out of town but just take our time.  The drive went well and we got to her house around 7:30pm.  We had dinner and opened presents.  I got one of the most amazing presents from Brianna and her husband Sam.  They wrote to the Seattle Sounders, explained that I am a die-hard fan and asked if they could get something from the team for me.  This is what they got back:



The Sounders are a class-act organization.  This just makes me love them more!

After this we were off to Roseburg to visit Ann (Wendy's Mom) and Ron (Wendy's Step-dad).  After a bit, Wendy's sister Juli and her husband Bill came over from Bend to join us for dinner and presents.  It was a great time!  The next day was just spent relaxing.  I love going to Roseburg because I get to visit a world-renown artist, Kevin Clark.  He does Japanese woodblock printing, which I love, and the crazy thing is that he is known around the world but not in Roseburg.  I find this humorous and sad every time I visit him.

On our way back through Eugene, we stopped to visit Wendy's aunt Ellie.  It was good for Wendy and Taigen to get to see her and visit for a while.  Unfortunately, I had to stay in the car as we didn't want to leave it parked on the street with all of our stuff in it.

Next up, Portland and Wendy's Dad's and his wife Laisha's house.  We had a huge family brunch with that side of the family:  Dad, Laisha, dog Sadie, Wendy's step-bother Jim, his wife Jenn and daughter Jillian, step-brother Jeff, step-sister Janine and her boyfriend Adam.  After brunch we opened presents and had a great time talking and laughing together.  After this, I got another amazing present from the Seahawks - home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  How thoughtful!

Now we are back in Seattle and I must have been on the very nice list or Santa felt bad for me because the Ducks just beat Texas in the Alamo Bowl!  Merry Christmas to me again!!!  They say that positive thoughts, energy and prayers are good for my health so right now I am kicking cancer's butt!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

Chris


13 comments:

  1. Wish I knew you were back....would have loved to watch the game with you! Go Ducks. Love you and Happy, Miraculous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you guys. What a game! GOOOOOO DUUUUUUUCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you to have a miraculous 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful holiday season. You have such an amazing spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so glad you got your gift, and were happy to reach out to the Sounders. I have to say, I was super impressed at how quickly they responded, and how much they care...they're pretty awesome. :) Sorry we didn't get to see you guys for Christmas-sounds like you guys were pretty busy, too. We are praying all the time, and have our prayer team at our church praying, too. Love you guys and Merry (late) Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your blog as I was checking to see if the Eastside Men had Midweek this week. It's great to see these updates since I care how you're doing. I'm glad that you're able to travel and that relatives are nearby. Ellen & I are praying for good news on 1/15...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your family will be in my prayers all the way from Philly!

    ~ Becky Pash :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chris, Wendy shared this blog info with me at the GS meeting last night. We're thinking of you constantly and grateful for a place that we can keep current on your progress. We'll be EXTRA thinking of you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris, Loved your recent blog. Highlight was that you love woodblock printing, me too. Always in our thoughts and prayers over here at the Kelly house! -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chris. Loved the Sounders story. My bro had a party and Taylor Graham was there. I asked him about sports marketing and the Sounders, and the story I got was really neat. They really do see folks like your good self as a "member" of the organization. You absolutely matter to them. Really neat approach and culture they are building with their member base.

    ReplyDelete