Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Just by the hair of my chinny chin chin

Yesterday was close.  I mean very close.  We now know that my white blood cell count takes a hit when I get my chemo.  After my break, my count was fine.  But this time it was a bit closer.  I needed 3.5 on my count to do chemo and I scored a 3.6 to squeak by.  I told you it was close!  My doctor did say that everything was going great and he has been very pleased with my results.  The cancer markers in my blood labs were down.  He said that it could be due to the chemo or the fact that they had to drain some sludge out when they put the stent in my bile duct.  Either way, good news.  Dr. Gold gave me several fist bumps! 

I did have a very weird weekend.  Normally when I have chemo on Tuesday, my down day will be on Friday.  I decided to see if I could work on Friday so I would not have to take another day off.  I worked it and felt a little down.  So I figured that on Saturday I would feel better.  But on Sat. I felt the same.  Not good, but not bad.  Then on Sunday I was feeling better.  Weird.  I have to say that 2 days feeling 60% is much better then one day at 10%.  I would say that this is a good trade.

Cheers,

Chris

5 comments:

  1. You are doing so great honey! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances and I are praying for you daily. We're glad to hear the doctors are encouraged. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for your perseverance & faith & upbeat spirit! We are praying for you & are grateful for you & your sweet family. As I said to my friend who went through radiation this summer, "Another one done!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a champion! Your tireless fighting spirit inspires me. You are deeply loved and prayers are being said all day every day throughout the world for God to perform a miracle!! Love you Brother and Go Team Soethe!

    ReplyDelete