Sunday, December 15, 2013

What a weird week.

As I said before, this has been a weird week.  For the past 3 chemos, my bad day has been on the 3rd day.  The first chemo, I was hit hard on Friday.  The next time, Friday was a bit better but still not fun.  Last Friday was not bad at all.  Didn't feel good but did't feel bad.  So I was thinking that I was in a rhythm now.  Wrong!  My last chemo was on Tuesday and I was ready for Friday.  I was set, but on Thursday felt really bad and on Friday I had really bad fatigue.  So bad that I came home on Friday and basically passed out at 8.  Saturday was tired but felt better.  And today, feel "normal".  I was laughing that I wished that I could get a system down to know how I would feel on what day, but what fun would that be!

I did find out that I was in a play this weekend.  The Tacoma sector of our church had the kids Christmas play today where they talked about Barnabus and they used me as an example in the play.  I had my 15 minutes of fame and missed it!  


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were feeling "normal" today Chris. And, yet, a "normal" Chris-day sounds a little cur-azy to me! Have a week filled with peace and hope, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemo adds up....and takes time to get full impact felt....the good news is that it is messing up the ability of the cancer cells to replicate themselves. I applaud you for your inner strength and attitude..it does make a difference. Check out reike too....it can be a great healer. I am sure Laisha would be willing to show you as she is a reike master and teacher. I am a reike 2.....Linda and I learned it to help each other and to do it on ourselves. Nameste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will take the good, bad and the ugly with you any day of the week! Grateful we got the Good on Sunday! So great to be together, laugh and cheer the Hawks to victory! Dreaming of going to the Super Bowl was fun! You are deeply loved. Proud of your fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, We're pulling for you and so proud of your attitude and character through this . . . We are with you in heart!!! Love, The Melinos

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and, when your character and attitude are sucking lemons because cancer is stupid, we're all still here and still think you're supa dupa fly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still in our thoughts and prayers EVERY day. We love you!
    Love, the McDonalds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the update. It's great to hear encouraging news! I hope you can continue to have good days after your chemo, but also allow yourself to rest when you need it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete