Sunday, December 1, 2013

I have a lot to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We went down to Bend OR to see family and it was a great time.  During this time, I realized that even though I am going through a tough time, I have a lot to be thankful for.

  • My family is awesome!  Wendy is such an incredible wife who has been taking such good care of me.  She has been cooking most of our meals from scratch and really has been helping me eat healthier food that will help fight the cancer in me.  Even when I think I am being a burden she says that I am being silly and gives me a kiss.  She is an incredible woman who I am so lucky to have as my wife.  Taigen has been a trooper as well.  She has been so brave and so encouraging during this time.  I am constantly surprised at how strong, funny and loving she is.  I love them both very much.  
  • My extended family.  I was so encouraged seeing some of my family in Bend.  My sister-in-law Juli cooked up a storm and served us constantly.  My brother-in-law Bill was amazing.  He showered me with gifts that encouraged the heck out of me.  Thank you so much Bill, you don't know how much your generosity means to me.  My in-laws were there too and they were great!  My mother-in-law Ann is my shopping buddy.  Our joke is that I was the shopper she always wanted because Wendy is not a big shopper at all.
  • My Church family is amazing.  I am so encouraged by their prayers and well wishes.  I really don't know what I would do without them.  They say that I am a great example but the truth is that for the last 19 years I have seen so many examples and miracles, that I am just following their lead.  
  • I am also so thankful for my Hazel Valley Elementary family.  They have also been so encouraging and taking such good care of me.  From the photos (Dave you rock!), to all the great meals that they have given me, I can not thank you enough.  Nicole has been my mentor and has helped me navigate through the emotions and fears.  You rock too!  I do have to give a special shout out to my K team!  I can not express how lucky I am to be a part of such an amazing team.  Stephanie and Angela, you have been so encouraging and helpful I could never thank you enough.  Natalie, I am so grateful for you.  From setting up the take-Chris-dinner schedule to just joking around with me.  Thank you for everything you have done, it means the world to me!
Cheers,

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, I'm inspired by your outpouring of gratitude! I'm going to follow your example and PM my gratitude for those around me. We are praying for your treatment to go well- beyond expectation! And, for you and your family to have strength throughout this ordeal.
    Love you all,
    Ruthann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you...good for them...all of them.....life is precious and each day is precious...I recently heard Garth Brooks sing "If Tomorrow Never Comes"...it is such a reminder to me how precious life is and how we express our love and feelings and all in the "now". And as I have said and witnessed...you attitude and commitment to heathy living...both physically...mentally...emotionally...and spiritually...is as potent and healing as any chemo. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray for you multiple times per day. Thanks to you both for keeping us informed as to what is going on--your courage and positive attitude and grateful heart are all inspiring! Keep on keepin' on! You are all loved!

    ReplyDelete