Monday, March 10, 2014

What? A new blog post?

Believe it or not, yes.  I finally got to it and here I am.  Than you so much for your continued prayers and well wishes.  I know that these are doing as much as the Chemo is in fighting this caner.  Please keep on keeping on.


As everyone can expect, this journey is one of many ups and downs.  I just want everyone to know that I have been having a hard time with food.  Not that I don't have awesome and delicious food, thanks to many of you who bring me the best food one can ask for.  Not that I don't have an appetite, which I still do.  I have been having a hard time with how limited my diet has become.  As you may well know, I have cut sugar, dairy, gluten, fats, processed foods and most oils out of my diet.  I know, what do I eat.  Mainly very healthy food that has been helping me fight the cancer and many side effects of the chemo.  I know that I have joked before about being the healthiest that I have ever been while being the sickest.  The trouble comes when I notice just how much food that is all around me at any given moment.  I miss the days when I could just randomly choose what I wanted for dinner instead of strategically planning and researching the options.  I wish that I could go back to the ease of grabbing a bag of chips when I wanted a snack with out seeing what kind of oil they use.  Just today, I was in the store hungry and wanted to get a snack.  I picked up some peanuts and read that they add sugar to them.  Why do they add sugar to peanuts?!?!  


I know that my health is much more important than snaking on some chips, but it gets tiring.

Oh well, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Cheers,

Chris

4 comments:

  1. I know a little what you are feeling, though I haven't cut out as many things as you have. Food is so social, so ingrained in our lives and habits. It's tough to find alternatives sometimes, and we just want to eat what we want! :) Hopefully you can find some treats that satisfy your cravings. And you are doing the best things you can to help your body be resilient and heal the best it can. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I'm sure you can find a few snack foods that you can eat that will follow your new "rules", I mean guidelines for your best health. ANd then you can eat a lot of them.

    Fun to see you and your family tonight. Taigen played her part well : )

    Hugs from the Brums,

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad too hear you're doing this! All organic too, right? I know that must be hard... Another good thing about it though, is that you're retraining your tongue and when you come out of this, hopefully the better choices will also be your preference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... The comment didn't pick up my name.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete