Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No chemo for you!

Round 2 was set.  I felt strong and ready.  Walked in feeling really good only to be told that my white blood cells took a nose dive and that I could not go through my treatment today.  Bummer.  They gave me a shot that was to up my production of white cells and told to come back tomorrow to see if my levels are up.

This really bummed me out.  I felt that the first round went well.  Got sick one day but no nausea.  Nice.  Now I was feeling like I was losing ground, that things were not going well.  Then my awesome wife stopped me and said "this might be a good sign.  The chemo is kicking butt on everything, cancer and your white cells"!  That brought me back off the ledge.  They have a shot to give you so this probably was not the first time this ever happened.  Now they know how my body responds and we can be ready for it next time.  Still a bit bummed but much better.

This is funny though.  My school got these rubber wrist bands for Team Chris.  Every teacher is wearing them to show support (which is awesome)!  The funny thing is that they are Seahawk/Sounders green.  I thought that they ordered this color because.....well you know.  It turns out that gall badder cancer is designated this color green!  The exact color that I would have wanted.  

Well played God, well played!!   

8 comments:

  1. Not unusual.....keep track of the wbc numbers....the shot is not unusual....think of it....if they gave you chemo with low wbc counts....you could not go anywhere or be near anyone for fear of infection or some infectious thing....hope your counts are up soon....keep the faith....this is all within the scope of "the journey".

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can we all get green "Chris" bands????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris...thanks a million for your effort in keeping all of us who deeply care about you informed. Sign me up too for a Team Chris Green band!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your posts Chris - your vulnerability in itself is courageous! The Keyser household prays for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, your humor comes thru and makes me laugh! Yeah I want team chris bands! We pray every night for u with the kiddos! Heqling vibrs comin atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Team Chris wrist bands Seem to be in style... Sign us up please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, how do we get some of those wristbands?
    We want to be part of the team!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete