Monday, November 18, 2013

What black cloud?

So ever since I go the news, I have felt that there has been this black cloud hanging around me.  No matter what I was doing, there it was.  In the back of my mind, no matter how much fun I was having, my black cloud would be there.  Hanging out with my daughter, yea this is fun but I am really sick.  Exercising, yea but will this make a difference because I am sick.  Thinking about the holidays, wow I hope that I don't bum people out because I am sick.  

Well I am happy to day that Sat. and Sun. were black cloud free.  I hung out with my daughter and had a great time without any clouds on my horizon.  Went to see the Seahawks destroy the Vikings and the only black cloud I saw was over Minnesota's bench.  

Now I am not saying that the black clouds are gone and will never return.  I pray that this is the case, but I bet I will have some cloudy days.  I am just determined to celebrate the days that are clear because they feel really good.  I am so thankful for them.  Because I know that these will carry me through the cloudy days.  I know that the clouds can't last forever and God will bring the Sun.

Cheers!

Chris 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you....you bet....once you get a handle on the emotional part..or at least start to understand it....then you can deal with the rolling part of your journey. Keeping a good physical being...and an emotional being.....and a spiritual being will keep the "dark clouds" at bay...not to say that there won't be challenging days.

    Each of us knows not what tomorrow brings...so like you indicated.....live each day to the fullest.

    I celebrate you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you daily, Chris. The emotional roller coaster is all part of the deal. It's been five years since I had cancer and it still gets me at times.

    Enjoy the good days, and during the bad days, do your best to remember that this too shall pass - good days are coming.

    Some verses that have helped me:

    Psalm 37
    3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
    4 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
    5 Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
    6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.
    7 Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;

    Psalm 31
    14 But I trust in you, Lord;
    I say, “You are my God.”
    15 My times are in your hands;

    ReplyDelete